Halloween is one of the best excuses to throw a party, and as you begin to prepare your plans, here are a few ideas you could consider…

The first thing to think about is whether or not you want to set a theme. Whether it’s flesh- eating zombies, fiendish devils, or deranged Disney characters, having a theme can make it easy for your guests to decide what to wear, and can create some friendly competition for best costume. You could even consider handing out prizes to those with the most creative and well-put together outfit. Remember, if you’re hosting the party, make sure you find a killer outfit (excuse the pun)… you don’t want your guests showing you up!

Once your theme is set, send out the invitations! You could go old school and design invitations online, or keep it simple and create a Facebook event page. Provide all the crucial information, including date, time,

address, and directions if necessary. Make sure that you get everyone to RSVP so that you know how many people to expect.
If it’s going to be big, you might

want to consider giving your neighbours a heads up!

The next thing to consider is decorations, and you don’t have to spend a fortune to go all out. Wilkinson’s, Poundland, and Asda all sell decorations at very reasonable prices. It might be worth keeping your theme in mind when out shopping, and remember there’s no such thing as too many decorations, so don’t hold back!

You could also think about baking some festive treats for the occasion and saying you don’t bake is not an excuse! It could be as simple as buying some mini gingerbread men and icing pens. Simply rip their heads off and add some red blood around the neck, or draw on a white skeleton! Or if you wanted to do something slightly more advanced, bake cupcakes or cookies and decorate them with sweets and icing pens. You could make them into spiders, spider webs, ghosts, pumpkins, or skeletons.

Finally, the one essential for all Halloween events… pumpkins! Carving pumpkins is probably the most fun part of Halloween. Get creative with your designs and, again, try and link them to your theme! If drawing isn’t your forte, you can always buy designs to trace on, or you can print them offline.

The more prepared you are, the more you can enjoy it when the night comes. So, start preparations early and your party will be a guaranteed success!