UEA, let’s talk about sex. In our 24 page spread, we reveal all the 2018 Sex Survey had to offer. Talking consent, contraception and fetishes too bold to mention in an editorial (check out page 23) UEA did not disappoint.

Some of the statistics shocked, as the survey revealed more UEA students have had sex outside than haven’t, how vocal people are about bondage and that UEA gives exactly as much as it receives. It’s Fifty Shades of UEA. Perhaps the lure of the lake is simply too much to resist. If you’re considering it, read the tops tips to completing the 5 Ls on page 20.

Some of our favourite quotes included in answer to “What makes a good sexual experience?” the reply “Feminist inclinations.” On page 17 Becca Allen says progressive porn is on the horizon, a debate that seriously divides opinion, and we’re sure the 40% of UEA that watch it daily will be glad to hear it.

This year we made a few additions to the questions on the survey – on pages 10 and 11 we take a look at lies. It turns out when it comes to sex, people are a fraction more likely to lie and say they’ve slept with more people than to lie and say they’ve slept with less. Our survey revealed almost half of UEA has faked it with a sexual partner, something apparently in line with national trends.

On page 6, Beverly Deviakshen discusses whether there’s a burden of pressure on students to have sex during their time at university. She concludes that no, on the whole UEA is pretty relaxed about whether you’re doing it or not.

It would have been remiss of us to have not focused on consent this year, given widespread discussions in almost every industry about sexual assault and harassment. Across pages 12 and 13 we look at consent on campus and also what good sex means to UEA. Spoiler – it’s communication and equality.

If you don’t have any plans for the dreaded day, sit down on February 14th and have a read of our survey. Don’t worry, Concrete will be your Valentine.