The UEA Reserves dispatched Scole United Reserves with ease thanks to a hat-trick from striker, Luke Pollard.

An electric first half saw UEA race away with the game; Pollard scoring two goals from close range after lax Scole defending.

His quick hat-trick was intercut with an own goal from the Scole keeper after a powerful cross from winger Rohan Bunger, who was a threat all game.

The fourth goal was a scrappy scramble in the box, but Pollard did not care as it finished off his first hat-trick for the club.

The U’s kept pressing for more before the break, with Oscar Pettit lashing a shot from 20-yards out, firing just wide of the top corner.

The attacking quality fell away in the second half with few chances for both sides.

With victory all but assured, UEA brought out the party pieces. Bunger pulling off a roulette around a defender, and Pollard flicking the ball over one defender before being clattered by another.

Scole had their only chance of the game mid-way through: a tame shot that was easily caught by UEA keeper Callum Honess.

The best chance fell to full back Lawrence Paxton who drove down the wing from right back before smashing the ball across the keeper and wide.

A good victory overall with some great individual performances.

But there was action for the other UEA teams as well, with the first team surviving a late scare to beat Hellesdon 3-2.

After going three goals up, including a chipped finish from Mo Hassan, the U’s nearly threw the game away late on in a ferocious final 15 minutes.

Despite scoring a late penalty to reduce the arrears to a single goal, Hellesdon could not find the equaliser and the UEA 1s squeezed out the result.

For the UEA ‘A’ team, it was a defeat at home to Hethersett Athletic.

Despite producing the better chances, the first half ended 0-0 but it didn’t take long after the break to open up the visitors.

Captain Viwath Tan’s goal was not enough however, as a mistake from the UEA keeper let Hethersett get the equaliser from range.

A second counter-attack sliced open the home team again but no response could be found as UEA succumbed to a 2-1 defeat.