Travel

Here’s where I want to travel next…

As someone who loves travelling, I have found myself with quite the bucket list of places that I’d like to visit someday. Even those of you who aren’t avid travellers probably have some dream locations jotted down somewhere or discussed in a group chat. Here are just a couple of mine:

I actually had one of my dream locations ticked off for September 2020, but as you can guess, coronavirus got in the way. It was a trip to Disneyworld, Florida. My two friends and I had been planning it for years, it was going to be a dream holiday. It will be a dream holiday (eventually!) I’m a huge Disney fan, so where else would I want to visit but the happiest place on Earth? With Mickey Mouse waffles, amazing rides and magical parades and fireworks, I simply can’t wait to finally get my chance.

Also on my bucket list is to visit Pompeii, Italy, a city frozen in time. It might be the closest you’ll get to time travel. It’s preserved almost as it was on that fateful day in 79AD. Pompeii remains a true example of what Roman life was like almost 2,000 years ago, so if you’re a history lover like me, this is the place to be.

To wrap it all up, who doesn’t want to see the Northern Lights? This incredible phenomenon has been the source of legend, myth and creativity for generations. So, be it from Norway, Iceland or Greenland, this is something that will remain a dream of mine, and one day, I hope to embrace that coloured night sky.

With so many locations full of art, history, culture and entertainment, I’m sure my bucket list will continue to grow. Hopefully, soon, I can begin to tick some of them off.

03/11/2020

Nerisse Appleby