Honorary doctorates awarded

The University of East Anglia awarded 14 honorary degrees this summer, with a number of household names included in the honours.

Between 17 July and 20 July, a variety of notable individuals were recognised in UEA’s 2012 graduation ceremonies.

Amongst this year’s honorary graduates were My Family actress Zoë Wanamaker, former director of the Victorian and Albert Museum Sir Mark Jones, and Prof. John Durant, director of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Museum.

Brian Summers, UEA registrar and secretary, said: “We present honorary degrees to those who have made a remarkable contribution to the arts, science, sport, and civil society.”

Jake Humphrey, who was seen this summer as part of the BBC’s Olympic presenting team, was awarded an honorary doctorate of civil law.

Upon receiving the honour, Humphrey said: “I’m incredibly privileged to receive such an accolade from the University of East Anglia.

“I must also admit to feeling rather embarrassed and very lucky to be meeting the rest of the graduates who have all had to study a lot harder than me to achieve their doctorates.”

21/09/2012

emmawilliamson

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031