The catwalk has always been a significant part of worldwide fashion, and with there being so many classic and new fashion houses, it’s important that designers make it a show to remember. So here are the most iconic and original moments of the world’s fashion shows:

_55395403_mcqueencompPhoto: BBC.co.uk

Alexander McQueen’s 1992

This show-stopping collection included super low cut bumster trousers that won the attention of Browns boutique, who then bought the entire collection. The models were clad in leather with spiky Mohawk hair-dos, which undoubtedly brought a new punk style to the catwalk.

Matthew Williamson 2008

Prince played on the catwalk as a surprise performance to celebrate the designers 10 years in the industry (as you do.)

Philip Treacy 2001

Grace Jones dancing on the top of a limo in nothing but a PVC coat and a gold top hat.

Stella McCartney 1995

Imagine the most iconic supermodel walking at your graduate collection? Well that’s exactly happened to Stella McCartney with Kate Moss appearing on the catwalk for the recent Central Saint Martins graduate show, which created a huge hype surrounding the new designer.

Daniella Issa 2009

Naomi Campbell and Jourdan Dunn strode down the catwalk, which created a giant buzz surrounding the use of dark skinned models.

Vivienne Westwood 2008

Her, ironically, fashionably late appearance at the British Fashion Awards with her reason being ‘because I was peeing.’

Henry Holland 2007

His naughty slogan t-shirts caused a rather big stir in the fashion community, by including some rather rude rhyming slang about supermodels Coco Rocha and Agyness Deyn.

Alexander McQueen 1999

With the classical piano and the ballet movements as an atmospheric back-drop, the finale became a piece of art in itself. As paint guns sprayed and splattered the white gown, the audience was in awe of this innovative ending.

Chanel 2014

The infamous ‘Chanel Shopping Centre.’ It took place in Paris’ Grand Palais, which was transformed into a supermarket where the worlds’ supermodels perused the aisles that, quite rightly, stunned the crowd.

Chanel 2010

A nine-metre high real iceberg was placed in the centre of Lagerfeld’s catwalk. The entire cast of supermodels were clad in fur, fur, and more fur, gracing the runway of this arctic sea style show.

Dolce & Gabbana

For the finale, 69 of the world’s best models were dressed in identical jackets and underwear (and that’s really all they were wearing) and unanimously strutted down the catwalk, creating a jaw dropping sense of power. It was even considered the designer’s best show in their twenty-five year history.

Vivienne Westwood 1993

When iconic supermodel Naomi Campbell fell over in the 11-inch platform shows that Westwood had created. At least it shows that nobody’s perfect.

Marc Jacobs 2006

One of Marc Jacobs’ career-defining moments included a marching band parading down the catwalk to ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit.’ The band was even decked out in full uniform.

Jean Paul Gaultier 2007

Canadian supermodel Coco Rocha was dressed in a kilt and was sent to Irish dance down the runway: apparently it got the crowd cheering before they even saw the full collection. Rocha’s jog was apparently reminiscent of when she was scouted at an Irish dancing competition