TV

‘I’m a Celebrity’ 2020 Review

‘I’m A Celebrity’ this year looked slightly different. Usually, the show takes place in Australia but instead, the celebrities are in Gwrych Castle, North Wales. The contestants this year are Sir Mo Farah, Vernon Kay, Jessica Plummer, Victoria Derbyshire, Beverley Callard, Giovanna Fletcher, AJ Pritchard, Shane Richie, Hollie Arnold, Jordan North, Ruthie Henshall, and Russel Watson.

Last night (Friday 4 December, 2020), we saw Giovanna Fletcher crowned the first Queen of the Castle. Personally, I feel that she definitely deserved the win, but Vernon Kay was also a strong contender for the crown. I think that both were great contestants this year. In fact, every contestant did well, and I feel like for a lot of contestants, such as Jordan, we have seen them grow throughout as they faced their biggest fears.

This year has seen a lot of complaints to Ofcom; there have been more than 700. The main concerns have been over animal welfare and also claims that the celebrities could prepare for trials. After the first episode saw complaints “of which 37 related to scenes of Jordan vomiting and 18 related to non-specific animal welfare,” an Ofcom spokesperson said:

“In my opinion I feel that the show has done well considering they have had to adapt to the Covid-19. I feel that most viewers will have the expectations of what happens in Australia, but I think like most people I’m a sucker for the eating trials, and there weren’t many like that this year. On the other hand, I think that this year the show has tried to run as normal as possible considering the circumstances of Covid.”

15/12/2020

Caitlin Telford

April 2021
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930