Featured Posts, Travel

Top independent eateries in Norwich

Norwich plays host to a vibrant culinary culture boasting fine examples of British cuisine, all locally sourced and organically produced. From high-end cheap eats to independent café-bars, Norwich has an eatery apt for every craving.

wafflehouse

The Bicycle Shop, St Benedicts St.
Suitably named for its previous vocation, The Bicycle Shop is a top pick for an affordable eat. The Bicycle Shop is a quaint and cozy café-bar nestled in amongst the hustle and bustle of bohemian St Benedicts Street: jam-packed with bistros, specialist shop-fronts and vintage stores, an area well worth exploring.

Serving an excellent variety of hot and cold foods, The Bicycle Shop is the perfect choice for any meal of the day. With a fantastic ambiance, and a regular line up of local music, The Bicycle Shop ranks around one of the most versatile and consistent independent establishments in Norwich. Expect a laid back service and make sure to try the crepes, they’re amazing!

Top Tips: Dog Friendly, serving draught beers, evening booking’s a must.

The Library, Guildhall Hill
The Library, located opposite the historic Guildhall, is the perfect example of a high-end cheap eat in Norwich. To not break the bank, make sure to check their website and welcome boards for seasonal deals and lunchtime set menus.

A hearty brasserie serving generous portions, from towering burgers to succulent steaks, The Library’s menu boasts a fantastic array of carefully crafted choices, lovingly cooked on their famous wood fired grill.

Top Tips: Excellent wine list if you’re feeling flush, make sure to book.

Waffle House, St. Giles St.
Got a sweet tooth? Then look no further than the Waffle House. Housed in a Grade-2 Georgian building a stones throw from Norwich Market, the Waffle House provides exactly what it says on the tin, serving an exciting selection of (you guessed it) waffles – both sweet and savory, using locally sourced organic ingredients.

A creative menu, make sure to check out the daily specials board for something a little more unique.
Top Tips: A great selection of sides, student discount available.

Cafe 33, Exchange St.
Looking for the best coffee and cake in Norwich? With Cafe 33’s £3.50 cake and a hot drink deal, you really can’t say no!

Serving big breakfasts, light lunches and fairly priced hot meals throughout the day, Café 33 is popular with the local crowd and for good reason! With a huge array of teas locally sourced from Wilkinson’s of Norwich, Café 33 is the perfect independent city centre stop for grabbing a drink to-go or sitting down for a natter over dinner. It’s great value for money, with a regular queue out of the door, so make sure to get in before the rush.

Top Tips: Definitely don’t over-look the cake; perfect for embracing your inner glutton.

25/02/2014

hayleymusson

November 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930