The Roommates is the latest novel from best-selling author Rachel Sargeant. Set on a university campus, the book is a psychological thriller with promises of a shocking twist. 

When summing up her upcoming release, Sargeant says: “The Roommates is a psychological thriller set in a university. Four girls arrive for freshers’ week and find themselves sharing a flat. All four are holding secrets from their pasts, but when one of them drops out, the other three have to learn to trust each other and work together to find her.”

Sargeant is a previous winner of Writing Magazine’s Crime Short Story competition and has been placed or shortlisted in various competitions, including the Bristol Short Story Prize. Her stories have appeared in My Weekly and the Accent Press Saucy Shorts series. The Roommates is set to follow on from her previous successes based on high praise from reviews it has received so far. 

As a university student, I am looking forward to reading this book and seeing how it relates to me and my life. I love crime and thriller novels so this book sounds like the perfect mix between relatable content and psychological brilliance. 

Sargeant adds “I wrote The Roommates when my children went to university. It got me thinking about a time I hadn’t thought of since my student days, and campus visits to them brought that college atmosphere flooding back to me. The stories my son and daughter told about student life were hilarious even though I’m sure I got censored versions.”

The paperback is published on 28th November and will be available from bookshops and supermarkets.

An interview with Sargeant about her upcoming book will be released within the next few weeks.