This autumn, the UEA Literary Festival promises to offer a blend of laughter, reflection and excitement with renowned writers such as Ian McEwan, Stephen Fry, Margaret Drabble and Bernard Cornwell making appearances alongside lesser-known authors such as Eimear McBride, whose novel A Girl Is a Half-Formed Thing was written in 2003 and published last year.

Someone else you may be unfamiliar with is Tash Aw, who studied on UEA’s famous Creative Writing MA, and cites among his influences writers as diverse as Joseph Conrad, Vladimir Nabokov and Gustave Flaubert.

In addition to fiction, there will be autobiography (Stephen Fry’s new book More Fool Me) and biography (Richard Holmes has written studies of Shelley, Johnson, Mary Wollstonecraft and William Godwin).The festival was first held in 1991, and since then has been host to some of the finest contemporary writers and personalities, including Salman Rushdie, Martin Amis, Jeremy Paxman, Simon Schama, A.C. Grayling, Simon Armitage, Richard Dawkins and countless others – just check out the archive.

All money raised goes towards student scholarships and university activities, and you can buy individual or season tickets.

And that’s just this autumn; the festival is held in the spring as well, so there’s even more to look forward to.

So, appearing this autumn (8th October to 26th November):Stephen Fry, Ian McEwan, Bernard Cornwell, Tash Aw, Jane Smiley, Margaret Drabble, Eimear McBride, Lawrence Norfolk, David Vann, Richard Holmes

More details can be found on the website: www.uea.ac.uk/litfest/home

See you there!