Intu Chapelfield renamed Chantry Place

Norwich city centre’s Intu Chapelfield is now named Chantry Place, following a large rebrand in October. The centre has been called Intu Chapelfield since its opening in 2005, but Intu’s recent fall into administration amid the COVID-19 pandemic has forced all former Intu centres to adapt.

The name derives from the heritage of the site, dating back to the 1200s when the site was a secular college and chapel, known as a chantry. Chantry Place’s new name and brand also comes with a new website, changes to their social media platforms, as well as a brand-new logo, staff uniform and signage for the centre.

As the home to almost 100 retailers and attracting an annual footfall of 15 million people, shopping and retail in Norwich are defined by the centre, housing huge brands such as Apple, H&M, House of Fraser and a multitude of dining options. Chapelfield Plain has also been renamed under the rebrand, as it is now known as Chantry Square.

Paul McCarthy, the centre manager of Chantry Place highlights the lack of change for shoppers by stating that “the change in name is another important chapter in our story. While the new branding cements our incredible retail, restaurant and leisure offering, our aim to deliver the best shopping and dining experience possible, support our retailers and celebrate and support our local community remains our top priority. While there’s no immediate change for shoppers, we’re sure that everyone will soon get used to calling us ‘Chantry Place’”

The change comes at a crucial time for the retail industry as shoppers prepare for the festive rush, so the footfall in the newly rebranded hub of Norwich shopping is set to increase over the coming weeks.

24/11/2020

Sam Hewitson

Sam Hewitson

Travel Editor - 2019/20

Editor-In-Chief - 2020/21

April 2021
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930