Fashion, OldVenue

It’s A Spring Thing!

It is easy to see florals are huge this season. Big on the high street as well as the catwalk, everywhere from Topshop and Miss Selfridge to the higher ended brands such as French Connection have their own take on this Spring/Summer staple. Undoubtedly florals can be a bit daunting – think Kim Kardashian’s maternity dress at the Met Gala last year – a controversial piece if there ever was one. Looking like you’ve just stepped out of your Grandmother’s living room is every girl’s fear when they wear such a bold item of clothing. However a huge amount of florals on the market at the moment are fun, easy to wear and are set to make you stand out from the crowd.

florals shoot 2

Floral trousers or shorts should be a staple in every girl’s summer wardrobe. They instantly add something interesting to the outfit and can be dressed up or down. Paired with heels and a big statement necklace they look great for a night out. Alternatively they can be styled with a flattering t – shirt or blouse for a fabulous every day look. Now is the time many of us are attending job or internship interviews and floral trousers paired with a smart blouse make for a great interview outfit. Tip: do not pair floral top and floral bottoms – this is just set to be a style nightmare. Keep the top fairly neutral to balance out the loud bottoms or vice versa.

Another great staple that is a must for everyone this summer is a beautiful floral dress. Again, this is perfect because it can be dressed up or down. Ideal for those weddings that you will undoubtedly have to attend this summer, or even just for a stroll around the lake paired with simple pumps or converse.

Topshop have some great bright floral dresses at the moment but a lot of the small vintage shops in Norwich have some excellent undiscovered treasures too.
However, it is not necessary to just stick to trousers and dresses. Try a floral swimsuit this summer, they are fun, sassy and look fantastic. There are a number of floral blazers on the market too, these are not for the fainthearted but will undoubtedly look great if pulled off well.

Floral accessories are also a staple this festival season. Floral garlands are a must for nailing that bohemian vibe, paired with denim shorts and a crop top, this look is bound to be a winner. Whether they are prints on key staples such as trousers and dresses, or on accessories such as a statement necklace, florals are the way to go this Spring/Summer. They are fun, pretty and you certainly won’t be a wallflower in wearing this trend!

25/03/2014

helenaurquhart If she’s not ‘singing’ along to ‘Let It Go’ from Frozen, or attempting to work out how to use her printer, then Helena is most probably reading a copy of Vogue. (It is relevant to her degree, really). A post it note fanatic who is perhaps a little too obsessed with Ben and Jerry’s, she also loves to travel.

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031