Jingle Jangle: A Christmas Journey review

A truly festive family film, but in all honesty I would say Jingle Jangle is like marmite. You either love it or hate it.

Essentially what is a Christmas musical would be loved by those of an optimistic nature, but hated by the Grinches.

Nevertheless, some of the set was filmed in Norwich’s iconic Elm Hill. Where you can see the craft shop and church in the background, making it particularly special for local residents and students.

Jingle Jangle focuses on an innovative inventor, Jeronicus, who has his book of ideas stolen by his apprentice. 30 years pass and Jeronicus is an old man living a lonely unfulfilled life without the belief of inventing. One Christmas, his young granddaughter comes to visit him and tries to bring back his belief.

Filled with magic, and hope of the Christmas spirit, this film is ideal for younger children and anyone who appreciates a song and dance (literally) about Christmas enthusiasm. My biggest criticism would be the duration. This is a 2 hour long film, packed with action but lengthy nonetheless, and did feel as though it dragged on a little. That aside, I would definitely recommend a watch!

15/12/2020

Phoebe Lucas

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3