Fashion

Jones Squared

The hazy days of summer are long gone and with them must follow your short shorts and snapbacks. But as the nights get longer you can take solace in the warm embrace of autumn winter fashion. We’re here to talk you through AW staples.

The Boot
A strong pair of boots is the perfect basis for any outfit this winter. If you’re looking for something smarter to pair with suits and chinos, then invest in a pair of leather chukkas or a tanned brogue boot. For the more rugged among you consider a sturdy pair of hiking boots, anything from Red Wing or Wolverine look great with denim. Our personal favourite however is the brown Chelsea boot that gives a contemporary twist to wintry tailoring and effortlessly upgrades your lazy black-jeans-white-shirt combo, to sartorial suave. A look that will certainly never go out of fashion.

The Jean
Our mantra is ‘new season, new jeans-in’ but try to avoid false economy when it comes to denim. A quality pair in the ballpark of £50 will most likely give you a better cut, fit and undoubtedly last the unforgiving winter months. A few rules to remember: skinny is dead. Long live the straight cut. And the darker the denim, the wider your options. Levi’s 501 is still the benchmark but for an alternative option try a forest green corduroy or herringbone trouser to add a slice of sophistication to your wardrobe.

The Jumper
Now bear with us on this one. Usually associated with weekend golfing, Bluetooth drivelling, middle aged computer analysts of the world, Argyle is swinging back into fashion this season. For the purists, try a round neck with a neutral base (either grey or navy) but the more adventurous among you may wish to indulge in something a little more brash and give yellows and purples a go. Partner it with dark denim, a dress shirt and leather jacket and you’re looking at a hole in one.

The Jacket
Winter gives you unprecedented options when it comes to wrapping up and the perfect jacket can keep you sizzling in the sub-zero. Vintage sports jackets are popular with us currently, capturing that Adidas classic style from the 80s. Wear over a hoodie to keep the winter chills at bay. Vintage stores such as Prim and Goldfinches in town stock a fantastic selection, in some wild and wonderful colours. Again, be brave! Don with a pair of Sambas or Stan Smiths if you wanna go full on football factory.

The Coat
Nothing will combat those 9am starts in CD Annex better than a classic pea coat. Sleek, effortlessly stylish and more versatile than you might think, it’s our must have garm this season. The one drawback? Price. A quality one will set you back anywhere between £80 and £150 but we must stress that a pea coat is a long term investment; durable and timelessly fashionable. What’s another 100 quid into the overdraft anyway eh? Go for navy, grey or brown, but dark greens and burgundy’s make a nice change. Whack on your oxford shirt, jeans and desert boots, and you will look sensational. You have our word. With these items you can kiss summer goodbye and snog winter hello. Until next time fashionistas.

25/11/2014

edjones

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031