Keele students hijack hashtag in anger at popstar

Singer Jason Derulo has faced further criticism from Keele University’s Student Union after he cancelled his performance there and allegedly didn’t return his fee.

According to Keele SU, he appeared at the venue but refused to perform. Keele SU maintains this was a violation of the agreement made between them and Derulo’s management.

Derulo defended his case on Twitter at the time, stating that he was “sorry that clubs misinform people”, as well as asking people to buy tour tickets if they wished to see him perform.

Keele’s Development and Democracy Officer Tom Snape called upon students to tweet using the hashtag ‘#SLFN’, in reference to the debut episode of the BBC’s new music show Sounds Like Friday Night. Derulo was a guest host with UEA alumnus Greg James.

The Keele SU Twitter account was listed as the second most popular recommendation for the hashtag. Mr. Snape told Concrete Keele had received “no direct contact from Derulo’s team”, adding, he thought, “the hashtag takeover was quite successful.”

He said: “It raised a significant level of awareness and has put us in touch with a few people who’ve been in similar situations who might be able to help us out.”

Mr Snape told Buzzfeed News: “Our contract wasn’t directly with him but through a chain of several agents. The contract that we had was with a particular agent. We want Jason Derulo to acknowledge [what happened]. In an ideal world, we would get that money back.”

Derulo’s team were contacted for comment.

07/11/2017

shannonmcdonagh

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031