Featured Posts

Keeping A Positive Outlook

We all know that most resolutions don’t usually make it over the brow of January. One way that you can combat the winter blues is to try and keep a positive mental attitude when approaching the oncoming year. Here are a few well-researched tips to help you keep feeling positive and on track with your plans and goals for 2014.

1504440531_1388524305

First things first, you are going to need to take the time to think deeply about the areas in your life that are important to you. Balance in life is key, so all areas must be addressed. Cover every aspect of your life that is important to you: family, work, studies, social life, spirituality, and any other personal interests. Work through each area, giving consideration as to how you would like to improve, change or apply a certain goal. Keep in mind your resources, time, money and personal energy. All your goals should be set positively.

Research has shown that the neurons in our brains respond and recognise positive thoughts better than negative ones. For example, you could change the thought, “I hate being so unfit” to “I’m looking forward to being fitter” instead. A positive outlook will bring about more positive results, and you will find you enjoy the journey more too.

Once you have your positive list of goals in each area of your life, prioritise them in relation to one another. You will find life is a whole lot simpler when you know what you want. Always keep your end in mind and try to minimise the stuff that doesn’t help your cause.

Forget what other people think about you, and stop trying to please them. Focus on the things you can control and start making things happen rather than waiting for opportunities to come along. Learn to let go of things that weren’t destined to be, and learn that mistakes are okay.

But the most wonderful thing about being human is that we are all constantly changing, evolving and learning. We are works in progress. Think back to a time of reflection, when you realised how much you have changed from a particular point in time. You may have noticed how a fair bit of your worrying was unnecessary, and that you may have been happier if you could see yourself with a different, broader perspective, as you did in that moment of reflection.

It’s easier to accept our flaws when looking at them in a wider context. Try to see the bigger picture. Everything you have ever done has lead to this point in time; all your ups and downs, accomplishments and failures, have brought you to where you are now. Life is happening as we speak, and worrying will only hold you back. Start seeing yourself as a positive process of change, and both accomplishments and failures will become part of a productive bigger picture.

Viewing development as a positive thing makes everything easier. Change is an inevitable part of life, so accepting this and working with yourself will make you a more productive and happy person. Decide what you want to get out of life and how you are going to do it. By accepting yourself as you are now, you can move positively towards attaining everything you aspire to be, and enjoy the steps that take you there. Everyone can spare five minutes, no matter how busy.

So why not take five minutes now to do something that you will value for, not only the rest of the year, but for the rest of your life. Evaluate what is important to you, make a plan to get the results that you want, and stay positive while putting it into action. Be flexible and don’t sweat the small stuff. A good attitude goes a long way.

14/01/2014

emilyfedorowycz

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031