Labour party would introduce individual careers advice in schools

Labour have announced that should they be in power after the general election on the 7th May they will improve careers advice by guaranteeing individual face-to-face careers advice for all secondary school pupils.

Under the plans Labour claim that their careers advice would focus on both vocational and academic routes into jobs. The aim of these plans being to increase opportunities and standards for all young people regardless of their background.

The party claims that the proposals would cost approximately £50m and would be funded and supported through a partnership between universities, schools, collegues and employers.
Miliband has also announced their intentions “to protect the entire education budget in real terms”

The Labour leader said that these policies were necessary in order to ensure that Britian’s education system was the best it could be.

Speaking about the issue he stated: “A world-class education is a not a luxury, but a necessity”.

They claim that under the coalition between the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats since 2010 careers advice in schools has suffered from “neglect and reductions in support”.

They claim that there are that too many schools offer students inadequate carers advice and have quoted the Confederation of British Industry who described careers advice in schools as being on “life-support”.

Education is one of Labour’s key areas which it is campaigning on in the weeks remaining before the general election.

14/04/2015

danfalvey Dan Falvey is an undergraduate politics student about to start his second year at UEA. Being an avid tea drinker means that he has the most essential skill needed to be a successful journalist. Outside of his interests in writing and politics, Dan. is also a regular theatre-goer, film geek and most importantly, a supporter of the mighty MK Dons.

12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930