Language classes begin in spring

The University Language Office will once again be offering evening classes to all students, staff and members of the public in a variety of modern languages. The next round of lessons will begin the third full week in April, commencing on the week beginning Monday 16 April, and ending in mid June (or early July for Monday classes due to bank holidays).

The Language Programme, housed in the PPL school, offers classes in Arabic, British Sign Language, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and S p a n i s h at a range o f competency levels. The evening classes will cost £150 for 20 total hours of teaching, usually spread across 10 weeks. The courses are a way to learn a new language without taking modules as part of a degree or affecting a student’s academic timetable, and will take place in the ARTS 1 building from 6:15pm to 8:15pm between Monday and Thursday each week.

UEA is an extremely multinational university, and different languages can be heard around campus every day. Organisers hope that not only will learning another language be an excellent skill for students’ professional lives, but could open up their personal lives to meeting new people and experiencing new cultures, or reliving known cultures in a deeper and more immersive way.

PPL students and all first year humanities students who wish to learn another language might wish to enroll on noncredit daytime courses, one of which they will get free of charge each semester.

More information about the evening classes can be found on the UEA website or by emailing ulp@uea.ac.uk.

27/02/2018

Sean Bennett

November 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930