The LCR: From A-List to Coldplay

What is UEA’s finest asset? Perhaps it is the wonderful and versatile Sainsbury Centre (Avengers, anyone?) Or maybe it is the vast greenery and hundreds of adorable rabbits that inhabit the campus.

Both good guesses, but you would be wrong. It is, of course, the LCR: UEA’s very own music venue. Home of Damn Good and A List club nights on Tuesdays and Saturdays, as well as being a stop for bands on tour, it is the place to be for a UEA student.

The LCR is a firm favourite of UEA students and has played host to some of the biggest names in music from Coldplay to Kasabian and, more recently, Stormzy and The Kooks graced our treasured little venue.

So what can you expect from UEA’s clubnights: Damn Good and A List? VKs and sticky floors galore, attending these nights out is necessary to experience the LCR in all its dimly lit glory. And if you go enough times, maybe you’ll win the coveted Damn Good t-shirt. All your mates want one, and if you do manage to find one clasped in your (probably sweaty) hands, you’ll be the envy of all those around you. Does A List even have such a merit?

There’s an ongoing battle between students as to whether Damn Good with its throwback tunes or A List with its ‘chart hits’ is the best club night. If you enjoy drunken singalongs to Mr Brightside and the very tempting 2 for £5 offer on VKs, then Damn Good is the place to be. There’s always theme nights as well, so don’t miss out on the chance to dress up. A List is good too, but if it’s theme nights you want then you won’t get them there. Either way, be ready to drown that Snakebite-induced hangover in tea and a cheeky Campus Kitchen fry-up the next day.

There’s nothing nearly as good as the LCR at other universities and with some great acts visiting in the next couple of months, including Dizzee Rascal, J-Hus and Scouting for Girls, make sure you don’t miss out on some great nights ahead, and get your Panda costumes sorted for the first Damn Good of the year!

23/09/2017

charlottemanning

1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031