Featured Posts, News

Student assaulted at St. Patrick’s Day LCR

In the latest of several attacks on campus this academic year, a student was seriously assaulted at the St Patrick’s Day LCR on Saturday 16 March.

LCR AssaultAnthony Silver. Photo via Facebook.

Anthony Silver suffered three broken bones in his face and injuries to his eye, including a damaged jaw and misaligned teeth which will require a brace to correct. He is currently undergoing further tests. He says that he must travel to London to have a specialist operation to repair the damage.

Mr Silver is appealing for witnesses who may seen the assault; police believe that the incident happened between 11.45pm on Saturday 16 March and 12.30am on Sunday 17 March.

In a statement released to Concrete, Norfolk Police said: “Enquiries led officers to arrest a man on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm. The man was taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and released on bail until next month while officers continue with their enquiries.”

Lead image via Union of UEA Students.

Article history:

• 20 March 2013, 12:45: Comments from Mr Silver removed for legal reasons.
  • 21 March 2013, 16:50: Police statement added.
20/03/2013

elizabethjackson

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3