From 19th – 23rd February, fashion experts and enthusiasts flocked to London for the 63rd London Fashion Week to witness the newest stroke of aesthetic genius from the experts of the avant garde and couture houses. The clothes that took the catwalks by storm were undoubtedly inspirational and exquisite, and the models wearing them looked equally inspiring. For a designer, a catwalk is an opportunity to display their artwork. It is not, necessarily, intended to be directly transferable to the everyday wearer. This is why we often see a variety of off-the-wall performances, music, locations, and clothing from so many designers. The makeup worn by the models are part of this presentation, with some artists opting for complementary nude shades, while others create harsher statement looks to complete their vision.

A wide range of looks were displayed this year, from cherub-like natural beauty to intense and sexy smoky eyes. Despite the bold and often intimidating look of many of the faces we see on the runway, there are plenty of looks that have stood out as easy to achieve, perfect for taking to the campus catwalk.

The first, and perhaps most wearable look was Vivienne Westwood’s baby faced, cherub inspired look. The models wore ringlet curls in their hair, with a very natural base, and a bright rosy cheek. This is a very easy look to create. The natural base can be achieved by using a BB cream, as they are very low coverage. For example, Rimmel London’s Radiance BB cream, (£7.99 in Boots), paired with Sleek’s blush in Pixie Pink (£4.49, Boots), which is a great dupe for NARS blush lovers seeking a cheaper alternative.

Anya Hindmarch also seemed to channel her inner child, with a collection inspired by retro games and models wearing bright matte eyeliner. For those brave enough, this pop of colour can be recreated with bright lipstick. The current matte lipsticks taking the makeup world by storm is the Jeffree Star Cosmetics range, in shades like Jawbreaker, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Prom Night and I’m Royalty, (£14, cocktailcosmetics.com). For a cheaper, easy to get hold of version; try NYX Macaron lippies in Pistachio (£5.50 Boots).

Gareth Pugh, however, took a much more ‘ideal beauty’ approach, perhaps the closest to ‘natural’ we could hope to see Pugh go, with an Avant Garde twist. This season, his models wore an elastic band just below their cheekbones to give the impression of fuller cheeks and lips, as it pushed up the cheeks and pulled up the top lip. While we do not suggest walking around with any stationery on your face, you can easily fool people into think your lips and cheeks are fuller than they actually are, without the pain of wearing a rubber band! To give the impression of fuller lips, simply line your top lip with lip liner and fill it in with a complementary colour. Fuller cheeks are slightly harder to create, but not impossible, with just a bit of contouring. Using a contouring palette like Smashbox’s Contour Palette (£35.00, Boots) or for a cheaper option, like Seventeen’s Define and Conquer Contour Kit (£5.99, Boots) and put the darker shade below your cheek bone, and the highlight on top then add some blush on the apples of your cheeks. This, when blended properly, will give you full and perfectly structured cheekbones that Angelina Jolie would die for!

And finally, Sibling displayed a dramatic yet wearable glossy berry lip, for day and evening wear. To get this look, keep the eyes simple; tight lined eyeliner, and a little bit of mascara, this look is all about those luscious lips. For a high-end version of this look, we recommend Ariana Grande’s Mac lipstick, Viva Glam (£15.50, MAC), a deep berry shade topped with her Viva Glam Lipglass (£14.50, MAC). For a cheaper, easier to apply product, try Tanya Burr’s lip gloss in Berry Picking (£5.99, Superdrug). This aptly named, high-shine lip gloss is certain to take your look from every day to catwalk ready in no time!

Now you’ve got the inspiration, the products and the know-how, enjoy getting all glammed up, and make the campus your catwalk.