Music, OldVenue

Live: B.O.B

B.O.B ripped up the Waterfront with a phenomenal set in support of his latest album Strange Clouds.

The sell-out gig brought a varied audience: hard core rapper fans, screaming 14-year-old girls (excited to be at their first gig without their parents that wasn’t One Direction), and a few over 40s who probably bought the ticket on a whim.

Bobby Ray warmed up the crowd with So Good, and a pumped up version of Just a Sign – accompanied by support act Playboy Tre. The room came alive during the likes of Ray Bands and Out of My Mind, at which point the dedicated crowd sang back every lyric.

Aside from displaying his rapping ability, B.O.B took the opportunity to show his range of musical talent by playing a beautiful rendition of Where Are You and Don’t Let Me Fall. His soulful voice captured the crowd and charmed soppy girls into singing the chorus whilst waving lighters around.

However, the show wasn’t complete without singing his top hits such as Airplanes, Magic and Nothing On You. At this point, everyone unashamedly switched to karaoke mode, making the lack of live guest stars less disappointing.

B.O.B’s eclectic mix of rap, pop and R&B gave depth to his set, taking the audience on a journey from the downtown Harlem rap scene to the Cali beaches with his summertime feel-good songs.

11/10/2012

kristabelewers

123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930