News, Uncategorized

Local Syrian dentist crowdfunding Masters

Over the past six years, the Syrian civil war hasn’t strayed from news healines. From war crimes in Aleppo to the refugee crisis in the Mediterranean, the plight of the Syrian people has been observed worldwide.

But there is a side to the story which often goes untold. Refugees like 29-year-old Anas Shoydab stand testimony to the unwavering defiance and perserverance of the human spirit.

After practicing dentistry for four years just outside of Syria’s capital city Damascus, Anas was forced to flee the country in 2015 due to daily bombings and fears for his family’s safety.

Keen to establish a life for his family in Norwich, Anas is currently seeking donations to be able to practice dentistry in the UK.

An online fundraising page has been set up to help him fund a Masters Course at Queen Mary University, in London, which would convert his existing qualifications into English equivalents.

Anas described his desire to repay his debt to Britain by “contributing to the National Health Service”.

On his JustGiving page, Mr. Shoydab has said: “I know that my skills as a dentist are in demand here in the UK. I am keen to get back to my profession as soon as possible, not just to support my young family and the people I have left behind in Syria, but also to give back to the country.”

At the time of writing, eight per-cent of Anas’ goal has been raised of the £22,300 needed to fund these qualifications.

To read more or support Anas’ efforts,  search ‘Anas Shoydab’ on JustGiving.

10/10/2017

danielpeters

December 2021
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031