Fashion, Featured Posts

The hottest trends at London Collections: Men

In June, London played host to what many dub ‘Men’s fashion week’. A student budget may not stretch to the pricey designer labels, but undoubtedly the trends will trickle into the spring/summer 2014 high street. So here are our picks for next summer’s hottest trends – hey, it never hurts to look ahead!

Hentsch-Man-Fall-Winter-2013-London-Collections-Men-3

Photo: Because I’m Fabulous

Monochrome

Stepping away from the typical ‘brights for summer’, a huge number of labels opted for a monochrome vibe – something seen in the high street summer 2013, so don’t hurry to chuck that monochrome shirt away. From rag & bone to Topman, monochrome simplicity was a huge theme on the catwalks. McQueen kept their looks fresh with interesting, eye-catching and summery with floral patterns, whilst Topman used high shine materials and delicate embroidery. J.W Anderson’s clean lines and boxy shapes were a high contrast to the detail at McQueen and Topman, so expect variety in the high street next summer – you should be rocking monochrome whatever your style.

Blazers

What’s summer without blazers? Keeping you warm when the sun goes down, and ensuring a summery vibe even in the most typical of English summers. 2014 will the season of the blazer. Burberry Prorsum and Nicole Farhi both used muted tones to avoid overkill so expect greys and light blues and a return of last year’s hit: camel. Richard Niccol, however threw some bright blue hues alongside his grey’s and whites. If you’re not quite brave enough go for a muted colour blazer with a bright lining; a splash of colour goes a long way.

Geometric prints

A huge trend for next summer will be bright, garish geometric prints. Christopher Kane went big with his prints for spring/summer 2014, from yellow and black to the aforementioned monochrome, everything was a geometric blur. Burberry Prorsum used subtle detailing in the fabric to achieve a much less garish effect. However you chose to wear it, bold prints will be everywhere come 2014. An easy trend for the high street to replicate, expect to be channelling the geometric on the beach next summer!

Androgyny

Androgyny was everywhere at London Collections: Men. From McQueen and Topman’s floral prints, to J.W Anderson’s crop tops and halter-necks, the feminine influence could not be ignored. Astrid Anderson went big with the floral prints and she dared to bear with cut outs – styles one would expect on the female catwalk, not the men’s. However, these androgynous styles are all given a masculine edge through the tailoring or styling, so don’t be expected to find dresses in Topman next holiday season – but equally don’t be afraid to embrace the feminine through floral prints and colour.

01/07/2013

ellasharp

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3