Gaming, Venue

Making the Most of Your Nintendo Switch

Like many people, I fell into the trap of buying a Nintendo Switch during the first lockdown. At the time, this seemed like an excellent purchase. However, once my Animal Crossing island looked relatively full, my Switch was soon cast aside and left on my desk to collect dust for the rest of the year. 

As Switches, along with their games, aren’t exactly the cheapest of consoles, I wondered how I could make use of it again now that the novelty has somewhat worn off. It is certainly a lovely console and very portable, so it seems a shame to let it go unused. Since being able to get out of the house more, we might not be picking up our consoles as much as we previously did. However, a Switch can still be a great companion on long train and bus journeys.

A good starting point is to revisit games you may have already and take the plunge by wiping your data, so you can start from scratch again. Many people jumped onto the bandwagon and bought Animal Crossing New Horizons (ACNH) last year and this is a great example of a game that can be enjoyed more than once. With ACNH, there are endless possibilities as to what you can create and it’s a great way to unwind in the evening! There are endless characters and recipes to come across, as well as many different themes you could explore, which make this game as fun and engaging as it was when you first bought it. YouTube and Pinterest offer plenty of inspiration when it comes to ACNH. 

Another popular lockdown purchase seems to be various Super Mario games such as Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros. I feel that Mario games are an absolute classic which are always enjoyable to revisit, as there are plenty of new things to find within each level. Another bonus of owning Mario games is that you can play using the multiplayer function. This makes for the perfect light-hearted social experience with friends as lockdown eases and a good way to connect with flatmates.

If you fancy playing a new game but perhaps not paying around £50 for it, the chances are you probably know someone else with a switch who would be happy to swap games or lend you a copy of theirs. Or, get your hands on new games for a bargain price by looking at second-hand copies from websites such as CeX, eBay, and Facebook marketplace. CDKeys is also a great website, offering new Switch games with heavy discounts.

So, whilst the weather is a bit dull, perhaps consider picking up your console and making the most of it. You never know, you might rekindle your love for the Nintendo Switch. 

20/07/2021

hollyjackson

1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031