Meet your Sports Executives for the 2021/22

The Sports Executives role is “to support and represent all of our sports clubs”. They are important people to be able to contact throughout the year for those who are joining sports clubs at UEA. A number of them explained their role and what they are looking forward to most for the upcoming year. 

The Colney Lane representative Tom Poole said that it was the “colney fortress crowds being back to their pre-covid best” as well as the newly installed floodlights that he was most looking forward to. 

For watersports representative Gabriel Smith, it’s the “collective watersports fundraising for the COP26 festival”, which will include a River clean. 

Imogen Cliff, the sports publicity officer, is excited for UEA sports people “going to matches, tournaments and competing again” and restarting her role of publicising the achievements in those events.

Jordann French, who represents martial arts, is looking to make up for lost time. Martial arts as a contact sport struggled to continue throughout the various lockdowns last year and in doing so, she wants to ensure that there is a “comfortable transition back into their somewhat regular routines” for everyone involved. 

Bethan Reid wants to “bring the dance and gymnastics (D&G) clubs into the spotlight” as the D&G representative. Feel free to contact any of the sports execs via email for any questions and queries. 

05/10/2021

Oscar Ress

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031