Men’s RFC set to appeal against ban

In a statement to Concrete, the RFC president Andy Driver said: “We have entered the appeal process and are moving forward.”

The suspension of the club came this week after complaints to the Union about the conduct of the club, including accusations of racist and sexist behaviour.

Andy Driver said: “The basis of this appeal is centred on three things: the procedures made by the Union; new evidence, which did not have an opportunity to be brought to light (due to a lack of investigation); and the severity of the punishment.

“I would further like to emphasise that we have the belief that the individuals who are responsible for the accusations against us should be appropriately and severely punished, not the rugby club as a whole. We do not want the reputation of the club, Union or University to be tarnished by the foolish and thoughtless behaviour of some individuals who do not accurately represent us”.

The appeal will be brought up at the next meeting of Union Council, and will have to be submitted in writing to the Chair of the Student Officer Committee by 5pm on Friday 23 March.

21/03/2012

susannawood

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
    1
    2
    3