UEA goes ‘mo’-mad

Movember is almost here, and with all the support and fun offered by staff and students last year, we’re feeling inspired to grow local and keep on proving that UEA is truly wonderful. Our campaign focuses on raising awareness and funding for research and treatment by getting people to talk about mental health, prostate cancer and testicular cancer. To start the conversation, we’ve installed our Raise Awareness Dummies (RADs) in your favourite hangout spots around campus, so be sure to keep an eye out, take a picture for #UEAMovember, and not harass them too much (mannequins have feelings too).

Alongside the Student Union, we’ll be hosting a number of events for our Mo Bros and Mo Sistas. To kick things off, we will be running ‘Mo-vie Nights’ in the Blue Bar, and featuring the most iconic moustaches in film. Additionally, you can enter our competitions to win free T-shirts, hats, and LCR tickets. But that’s not all! With the help of the Union, the LCR will be bringing you a Movember event, so be prepared to dress for the 1920s, style your Mo’s and look out for our competition to win free tickets.

To take part, make sure you are clean shaven on October 31st and ready to grow that ‘Movember Mo’. We’ll be helping you out by offering a vintage Halloween Shavedown in the Hive. Pop by and get a free, fresh shave from the best barbers in Norwich.

Join the UEA Network at http://uk.movember.com and help support our cause. To keep up with our latest updates, competitions, events, and Mo’ of the week, join our Facebook page (http://facebook.com/UEAMovember).

14/10/2014

rebeccabemment As a third year English and American Literature student, Becca spends most of her time either reading or writing, with the hope that this will someday land her in the world of publishing. She will spend her third year attempting to balance being Lifestyle Editor for Concrete, trying to keep up being a regular blogger, and drinking endless amounts of tea – because tea is just the best.

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031