UEA Netball Club (UEANC) is one of the biggest clubs on campus, and as ever the year ahead is going to be an exciting one. During Freshers’ Week there is a lot going on for those joining us for the first time, and also for our returning members.

We are one of the most inclusive clubs on campus, with a reliable social calendar that includes activities of all kinds across the whole year. Some of our best socials last year included a trip to Gravity Trampolining Park in the city and the family social, which is where you are assigned a family and everyone dresses up as members of the family, from grandmas to babies, followed by a night out at the LCR.

There is rarely a week without a social of some nature and is arguably the best way to begin your time while at UEA. It is a club for everyone, regardless of your sporting ability, and is a guaranteed way to have some of the best experiences of your life.

UEANC’s competitive side is made up of 6 teams, with teams 1-5 playing matches regularly in a league. Once the teams for the new season have been selected, all teams will be hard at work during training, and in matches, to meet their goals for the season.

Our main aims are securing promotion in both the 1st and 2nd teams BUCS leagues.

This is something which is particularly important for the 1st team, after they got relegated last season.

For our local leagues, we hope to have the 3rd team at the top of the outdoor league they are in, and the 4th team also placing highly within that league. For the first time, we are able to enter our 5th time into a local league as well and so we will be anticipating them doing well in that too.

You can find the committee at UEA’s Sports Fayre on the 25th of September, as well as taking part in two taster sessions on the 27th and 30th September, and there’s a fun tournament on the morning of the 28th of September.

UEANC is a club that has something for everyone and provides a home away from home during your university time, as well as many sporting opportunities and fun social events.