Netball in comfortable Derby Day win

In spite of the bitter cold UEA netball were able to heat up proceedings with a convincing, if scrappy at times, 29-16 victory over Derby Day hosts Essex.
UEA started brightly, controlling the first quarter with slick passing and sound finishing. Continuing in a similar vein UEA took a 17-7 lead into the second as the superior shooting skills of Sarah Clark and Captain Becca Hargreaves started to tell on the Essex defence.
UEA were in complete control thanks to the superior interplay between the centre court players and Clark and Hargreaves. The second half saw a change in display from Essex who started to get back into the game. However their efforts were not rewarded thanks to the exceptional defensive work from goalkeeper Charlotte Moorhouse. On countless times Moorhouse was able to make crucial interceptions which allowed UEA to stay in control of the game.
The 29-16 score line reflected harshly on Essex, who improved significantly in the second half. However, UEA remained professional throughout the match and thoroughly deserved their victory, which was by no means an easy feat.
14/03/2012

samtomkinson

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031  
  • 1
    Cookies
    Not for me
  • 2
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    We are facing a climate catastrophy, the translation or proofreading could have been done online. Decolonising seems to be used to justify all sorts of things, including bad ones like…
  • 3
    Decolonising English in Argentina
    New forms of saviourism -it never ends this perpetuating of the Global South being something that needs visits from those good-willed who want to "help" from the Global North. It…