New in science

[su_box title=”New in science” box_color=”#2D2D73″ radius=”0″]Every fortnight Concrete brings you the latest in science, in brief.[/su_box]

New findings from NASA’s Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter provide evidence that liquid water flows on present-day Mars. Sceintists believe dark striping observed on Mars are due to flowing water. Suggestion of liquid water on the surface of Mars has implications for the possibility of microbial life on the planet.

Research into two-million-year-old human fossils reveals that the hearing pattern resembles that of chimpanzees.

People with positive lifestyles, behaviors have different brain connections to those with negative ones.

Researchers are testing a prosthesis that turns short-term memories into longer-term ones, with the aim of avoiding damaged parts of the brain.

Leading scienctists in the UK’s have made a pitch to have the nation’s research budget raised due to oceanic warming.

Plastic-eating mealworms may help reduce landfill waste.

Scientists have found the first bioluminescent reptile – a turtle.

Researchers have found bacteria in a 20-million-year-old flea which may be the ancestor of Black Death.

06/10/2015

jacobbeebe Going into his 2nd year of his Biomedicine degree, Jacob plans to spend his time in the hive huddled around a cuppa’ - more than likely sporting a befuddled expression on his face. Aside from his studies he is a guitarist, saxophonist and a budding drummer. Previously a committed Environment writer, he aims to make the newly formed Science and Environment section an interesting new addition to Concrete.

April 2021
 1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930