New website launched for international students

The Great British Magazine (GB Mag) has recently launched its new lifestyle website for international students living and studying in the UK. Founded by a group of graduates, the website is a subset of a media channel that also publishes monthly e-newsletters, biannual magazines and yearly student welcome packs.

The GB Mag website covers student-related news and cultural features, as well as practical information on living overseas such as tips on visa applications, house-hunting and internship applications.

While its primary target is international students, there are sections that would appeal to any culture enthusiast. Foodies would find refreshing content in Taste My Life, which features students from around the world fixing their favourite local dishes and sharing these recipes through a series of videos posted each month.

A section called Ask a Brit addresses trivial aspects of British culture that international students might skirt around, from conversational slang, to explanations behind popular stereotypes. For those who consider themselves fashionable, there is a photo gallery showcasing the quirky outfits of students on the streets of England. GB Mag also offers many giveaways, including discounts. Its latest competition is for students to win two free tickets to the Isle of Wight Festival.

To see what else the website has to offer, go to greatbritishmag.co.uk.

15/05/2012

rachaellum