Fashion

What to wear on New Year’s Eve

Don’t let us frighten you, but New Year’s Eve is only a few weeks away. For those of you who have had a New Year plan since June, you should be set for an outfit. But if you’re like us and still have no idea whether you’ll be out partying, or tucked up in bed come midnight, have no fear! Venue has compiled the definitive list of what you should be wearing whether your plans involve drunken singing, or a night in with Sex and the City.

sophisticated-ignorance

Go all out and we mean it. If you’re headed for a big night out on the town your outfit should be screaming “IT’S NEW YEARS” from head to toe. We’re thinking sparkles, and a hell of a lot of them. There’s no such thing as too much sparkle on New Year’s Eve. Go for false lashes, 6-inch heels and a sequin dress. If you’ll be trawling from bar to club, a leather jack will be your new best friend. A clutch bag might seem a great idea, but a cute strappy bag will be a saving grace by 2am when you need assistance to walk. Remember that red lipstick, and if you know you’ll end up bare-foot by the end of the night, don’t forget to bring some foldaway flats to walk home in.

Smart casual
Perhaps a cute pub is more your scene but casual does not necessarily mean jeans and T-shirt. New Year’s is all about that special effort so smarten up that look. Boyfriend jeans rolled up at the bottom with some cute heels is perfect for casual chic. Skinny jeans and heeled boots also work if you want to keep covered up. If heels aren’t your thing (and we don’t blame you if they aren’t!) go for some glittery flats. If you don’t fancy making a huge effort with your wardrobe, why not try out some cute jewellery? A pair of dangly earrings will be just the right trick to add some New Year glamour without breaking the bank.

An Evening In
Grab some friends, or maybe your mum, and go for the cheap option and stay in. Avoid the freezing weather and overpriced drinks – order a pizza and watch the fireworks from the warmth of your front room. We all know this kind of New Year calls for a onesie. Yes, we said it. This New Year season will be the year of the onesie, so rather than being a Grinch about it, embrace the fad and buy the cosiest one you can find. Don the slippers, grab a blanket and, if you really want to, indulge in face masks and pedicures.

Rather than starting the New Year hungover, you’ll be facing your resolutions with beautiful skin – what more could you want from New Year style?

03/12/2013

ellasharp