Over the past two weeks, Fashion Week fever has taken over Norwich, with big brand names collaborating with local talents and businesses to showcase the city’s style. One such collaboration took place on a Monday evening where the latest trends in optical fashion were being displayed at regional independent opticians, Dipple and Conway.

NFW - Shades of Summer

Photo: Raina Victor

In its second year, although this intimate gathering seemed a world away from other NFW events, loyal customers, locals and eyewear enthusiasts were treated to the high fashion experience with a red carpet entry, a continuous supply of snacks and bubbly and friendly staff. Representatives from Rayban, Prada and Bvlgari were present to give guests personal consultations if they were looking to invest in some fancy shades.

This upcoming season is set to cover both extremes: classic and quirky. Want something timeless? Bvlgari have continued to produce classic shapes such as the cat-eye, glamourising it with natural and semi-precious stones and subtle snakeskin prints to match ‘Serpenti’, this season’s theme.

Quirky? Despite being the spring/summer collection, an autumnal colour scheme of deep reds and greys prevailed in Prada along with their iconic hexagonal shapes – perfect for those who like their accessories to make a statement.

Indecisive? Want a little bit of both? Rayban’s infamous aviators and wayfarers have had a makeover with colourful, mirrored lenses and unique patterned fabric frames, creating the ideal compromise.

If you don’t fancy Prada, Rayban or Bvlgari but want something truly unique, Dipple and Conway stock exclusive, handmade products, and having heard first-hand from customers about their fantastic and bespoke experiences, it seems like the place to go if you want to treat your eyes!

Understandably, most of these pieces are well out of the student budget remits but there was never any harm in aspiring, right?