Fashion

Nicole Ritchie’s glamorous Winter Kate range

As an A-list celebrity with one of the most coveted wardrobes ever, it is no surprise Nicole Ritchie’s glamorous, bohemian style translates so well into a fashion range.

The spring / summer 2013 Winter Kate range does not stray far from the brands defining qualities and merely builds upon its signature pieces.

Winter Kate showcases muted pastel colours, interspersed with soft browns and dove greys, emulating a summer meadow. The key prints include entangled trees and branches, graphic florals, tie-dye and a snake skin print which is continued into the House of Harlow accessories.

Kimonos and maxi dresses remain a staple, alongside more structured shift dresses and shirts. Even the less flowing shapes are kept summery and feminine with soft cotton fabric.

Every piece works “grown up hippy” in a way that billows beautifully yet would not swamp a petite frame. The most luxury pieces are undoubtedly the suede biker jackets, in dusty pink or cream, with lattice effect sleeves. These slouchy, timeless jackets would work thrown over any of the collection and encapsulates the whole range, rocky with a feminine edge.

Adding a harder edge to the soft, flowing shapes of the clothing range, the newest offering from accessory line House of Harlow does not disappoint.

Each piece of jewellery could be considered a statement piece, with the focus upon cuffs, rings and long necklaces in gold and silver.

The bracelets are beautiful, ranging from intricate Aztec inspired cuffs to simplistic bangles. The star motif continued to lead the range, emblazoned on the popular cocktail rings and necklaces. All jewellery is reasonably priced, from £40-£100.

With the bags, the eye is instantly drawn to the statement snakeskin box clutches that Nicole is so often seen carrying. They have been expanded into a range of hues, and fringing has also been added for a new season twist.

For a more every day, useable bag, there are big slouchy doctor bags in soft neutral coloured leathers. All are African inspired with faux animal skins and detailing on the clasps.

In short, the collection provides beautiful clothes and accessories, at prices a tad more attainable than most of our current wish list.

27/11/2012

jessbeech

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031