Nightline offering pregnancy tests

Nightline, the student organised listening service, has started offering free pregnancy tests to students in need.

Nightline provide a free and confidential service for students who need someone to talk to about worries during the night.

They stock the First Response early response tests, which can detect a pregnancy six days before a missed period.

Alyssa Girvan, the service’s external coordinator, said: “We are really happy to be able to provide this service to students.

“There aren’t many places you can access this service at night and people in a situation where they think they might be pregnant will often stress throughout the night until they are able to purchase one the next day.”

“As a confidential service, we will never tell anyone you have come to collect one and can put the tests in a bag to be more discrete if you need.

“Our volunteers will give those collecting a test an information leaflet from the test packs with all the information they need about the tests if you come to collect one.

Nightline volunteers, who work in twelve hour shifts between 8pm to 8am every night, provide information leaflets on how to use the tests.

Students can also use the bathroom in the Nightline office, located in the Student Support Centre building opposite Waterstones, to take the test.

The service encourages students to seek a doctor’s consultation if they suspect they may be pregnant. Nightline also offers free condoms and other sexual health supplies.

13/02/2018

EmilyHawkins

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31