Norfolk’s PCC joins national call to end violence against women and girls

Norfolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner has joined many across the country pledging to ‘Make the Promise’ to say no to violence against women and girls.

People are being asked to make a stand and ‘promise to never commit, excuse or remain silent about male violence against women’.

This is part of White Ribbon Day which takes place on November 25 each year, followed by 16 Days of Action to end male violence against women, where many can continue to make the Promise. White Ribbon UK are specifically asking men to make the Promise however anyone over the age of 14 can take it: https://www.whiteribbon.org.uk/promise

“To wear a white ribbon is to pledge never to commit, excuse or remain silent about male violence against women – such a simple gesture which carries such a strong message.” said Norfolk’s Police and Crime Commissioner Giles Orpen-Smellie.

The Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for Norfolk has long commissioned and funded services dedicated to supporting victims and helping the vulnerable, including those affected by domestic and sexual abuse.

Mark Stokes, OPCCN Chief Executive and Chair of the NCCSP, has also signed the Pledge, stating, “Women’s experience of men’s violence is currently at the forefront of everyone’s minds.”

“I agree with Giles, while wearing a ribbon may seem a small act, it carries a strong message, and I am proud join the tens of thousands who have made the vital promise to end violence against women and girls.”

07/12/2021

Una Jones

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031