Norovirus closes holiday park

At least 30 children and eight adults have fallen ill at a Cornish holiday park on the morning of October 24. Several children have been hospitalised after a suspected sickness bug that is believed to have originated off-site.

One mum, who wishes to remain anonymous, described how children were “dropping like flies”. Her own family have been trapped on site as they don’t want to return home and spread the illness to others. She also claimed the park had been refusing refunds, but she added that staff were ‘doing the best they can.’

A spokesperson from Mullion Holiday Park said work was being undertaken to limit the spread of any virus: “from our initial conversations with Public Health England (PHE) the most likely explanation is that the illness was brought onto the park, rather than originating on-site”.

Dr Bayad Nozad of PHE told the BBC that environmental health officers had concluded there were no “ongoing concerns with food safety and hygiene” at the site. A spokesperson for South Western Ambulance Service added: “We were called at around 10:25am about an incident in a caravan. We sent a senior paramedic and an ambulance crew”. The park is reported not to be taking bookings for this week.

05/11/2019

Lauren Bramwell

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031