Arts, OldVenue

Norwich’s Biggest Event of the Year

Norfolk and Norwich festival is one of the UK’s biggest festivals, bringing in local, national and international theatre, music, dance and art at venues dotted around the city, to create an enthralling appetite for the creatively driven city of Norwich.

We saw the festivities begin as the people of Norfolk came together on Saturday with a cardboard box ‘brick’ of their own, to help create a replica of St Peter Mancroft Church, which was then spectacularly demolished at 6pm. In Norwich’s unique way, the festivities have begun and will continue until 25th May.

The Neutrinos Klanghaus

Photo: Marquis Xavier @ Marquis Pix

As a proud city of literature, this year the festival brings in writers such as Kate Mosse, Penelope Fitzgerald and Samantha Ellis.

‘The Salon’ is a special edition to the festival this year, celebrating Norwich as a UNESCO City of Literature where local writers and readers can get involved.

A particularly exciting event this year is a preview of the Klanghaus Midnight Feast by The Neutrinos and Sal Pitman, where we get the first glimpse of their collaborative performance before it hits the Edinburgh Fringe this summer.

Lead singer Karen Reilly spoke of the benefits of previewing Edinburgh material, stating that the Klanghaus, literally meaning house of noise, will be ‘pushed to the limit in Edinburgh, so we need to test the foundations of our show with our brilliant home audience. You’ll hear new songs and see new visuals.’

This is a good shout for the festival as a whole; a chance to see and experience brand new material and experiments in performances that’ll thrill your senses.

Norfolk and Norwich Festival is packed with exciting events from nearly 30 countries to create a line up bursting with new and innovative events to show that this small city has a lot to offer.

13/05/2014

laurasharp

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31