As you may have noticed, much of the social media world is awash with coverage of New York and London Fashion weeks – not to mention Paris, Prague or Milan etc.

What you may not be aware of is that Norwich is going to get in on the fun. From 9th -18th March, our city is playing host to its very own Fashion Week. There will be fashion shows, hair shows, and workshops galore. The independent retailers, budding student designers, and professional practitioners in fashion and beauty are all coming together in a range of locations to bring this event to life.

There is something for everyone. If you are a budding stylist, Jarrold are hosting a workshop for that. A big foodie? There is Fash ‘n Chips. The Bird Cage and Grosvenor Fish bar have teamed up to bring us speical NFW fish suppers and tantalising cocktails to fuel our event-filled days.

If you are a humanitarian trying to do a world of good, then the Fashion Jam is for you. The 24 hour design challenge and following show is part of the One Planet Norwich festival at the Forum. Teams of local makers, students, bloggers, stylists, designers and creatives rise to the challenge to create brand new catwalk collections solely from charity shop garments donated by Age UK Norwich. The collections will be showcased on the catwalk at Norwich Castle on Monday 14 March. This is a great time to turn up and show your support for the local fashion and beauty industry. There will be shows from retailers, vintage stores and designers that all work towards the aim on cementing Norwich as a vibrant shopping destination.

These are just a few of the events available during the two weeks, so be sure to check out these and more during Norwich Fashion Week!