Fashion

Norwich Fashion Week: Designer Show – Lights, Camera, Pose!

The Designer Show is annual event that commences in conjunction with Norwich Fashion Week. Sponsored by Norwich City Football Club the show features the very best of Norwich’s own home-grown designers, tailors and stylists. These designers include Coddess and Kingfisher, Blu Studios, April Lunch, Emily King, Ellice Heaton and Gemma Hyde, Cocoon and many more.

The theme for the show was ‘nature’ and every designer incorporated this theme with different colours, styles and materials. Sat in the front row, I had a close and great view to the runway; permitting me to see the intricate details on the garments. The show opened with the designer April Lunch. April Lunch’s collection featured a range of bright, captivating colours. In particular, I was amazed by April Lunch’s third model and how the theme was encapsulated dynamically from head-to toe. The model was wearing a scalloped white two- piece crop-top with a skirt. This two -piece ensemble had a subtle circular- swirly pattern that enhanced the detailing on the dress. I thought this detailing complemented the two-piece very well making the overall look edgy. In addition, the model was wearing three chunky, statement circular necklaces, which heightened the attire. The necklaces were a pastel purple, bold orange and yellow. April Lunch kept the statement necklaces as an occurring theme throughout her collection. As Spring is the current season, I thought the use of the bright coloured necklaces coincided with the nature theme well.

Designer show - 1st image

After the short interval, we were introduced to the next set of designers. One of my favorite designs featured in the second half of the show came from the designer- Cocoon. Cocoon Fashions is a fashion label designed by City College Norwich, and run by fashion and textile students. I thought Cocoon showcased a myriad of different styles and colours, which were stylish. Following the latest “co-ord” trend, Cocoon displayed this by using printed fabric. One model was wearing a greenish/ turquoise halter- neck crop top with a matching midi-skirt. The use of the turquoise colour complemented the subtle hints of coral that appeared all over the fabric. Again, this greenish/ turquoise coloured ensemble complied with the nature theme while maintaining a sexy look. The model teamed this co-ord with nude heels, which I thought was a suited colour. Perhaps, if the co-ord was paired with black shoes it would have made the outfit look dull! This was my favorite from the Cocoon collection and I could not stop staring at it! Personally, I’m not a big fan of halter-necks because I feel it draws too much attention to my shoulders. However, I was blown away by this halter-neck top as it looked undeniably elegant. So elegant, I mentally claimed it in my head and immediately thought of possible occasions I could wear it to!

Designer Show - 2nd image

The Designer Show featured many great designs, which I thought were amazing. I was also impressed by the flawless hairstyles and make-up the models flaunted. Each designer brought a unique element that not only went with the theme of the show, but also remained signature to the designers look. The Designer show was an exhibition of fascinating fashion and I look forward to the show next year!

26/03/2015

sharonabraham

123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930