Norwich Film Festival Is Back Better Than Ever!

The privilege to watch films in person was tragically taken away from film-lovers last year. Norwich Film Festival celebrates having this experience once again, returning this year with its largest showcase yet!

From the 12th to the 21st of November, the festival will be screening a wide range of independent films from a regional, national, and international scale. All 133 films are thought-provoking, powerful, and captivating. Whether it is films exploring identity and relationships in the LGBTQ+ community, or films concerning the rising topic of the environment, there is bound to be a screening suited to your interest.

As Stephen Fry beautifully put it, “watching a film is like a journey to someone’s soul; unique exposure to cultures, personal stories and incredible imagination.” The renowned actor and writer is delighted to be a Patron for the festival this year, alongside Oscar-winning actress Olivia Colman.

Other big names will be appearing on the big screen this month. These include Himesh Patel (Yesterday), Hugh Skinner (Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again & Fleabag), David Bradley (Harry Potter), and many more.   

If you’re particularly interested in a career in filmmaking, then now is your chance to attend the upcoming panels this month. Listen to real filmmakers themselves, offering tips and tricks to navigate your way in the industry. There will also be a screening showcasing debut shorts by first-time filmmakers to help give you inspiration.

Kellen Playford, the founder of Norwich Film Festival, is excited to be pioneering the event once more, having said, “we’re coming back with a bold programme of a record-number of films. Each year, the festival has grown, including the number of visitors. Offering people great cinematic experiences again is an absolute joy to be able to do!”  

This is the first year the festival is a hybrid of online and in-person viewing. If you can’t make one of the screenings in person, don’t fret! You can have access to these films and watch them online until the end of November.

Concrete and Venue looks forward to covering the rich and emerging talent that is being hosted in our city of Norwich for this month. This festival is truly an opportunity that cannot be missed.

16/11/2021

Laura Patterson

November 2021
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930