Campus newsletter

“What’s Norwich’s gay scene like?”

“What is the gay scene like in Norwich?” For anyone who identifies as LGBT at UEA, you may have at some point found yourself being asked, or even asking yourself that question.

Unfortunately for many of us the answer is often a negative one. It may be due to a reluctance to place yourself in what is often thought of as an adverse or exclusive social circle, or to maintain a “not out” image, many of us don’t have much to stay about what it’s like to be LGBT in Norwich. Until recently, I admit to having thought the same. I have recently learnt however, that the UEA LGBT community has a lot to offer.

Our intention in creating this newsletter is thus twofold; to provide those students who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender at UEA with the opportunity to share what interests them within LGBT news, culture and events and moreover to give hopefully all UEA students the opportunity to start feeling positively about the Norwich LGBT community.

With thanks to our friends at Concrete, our LGBT Officer Richard Laverick and the sponsorhip of vInspired, we now have the opportunity to share this project with you. If you think you would like to contribute to later issues, please don’t hesitate to get involved.

05/02/2013

hollystaynor Holly is co-editor of Campus, UEA LGBT Society's newsletter. Email newsletter@uealgbt.com.

123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031