Norwich TV, Film and Comic Con returns to Norfolk Showground for its ninth year. It offers a star-studded line-up of celebrity guests including Cara Theobold – the voice of Tracer in gaming phenomenon Overwatch; Torchwood and Keeping Faith star Eve Myles; Kai Owen and Gareth Lloyd-Jones from Torchwood; 90s TV legend Michael Van Wijk – best known as Wolf from Gladiators; Doctor Who actors Peter Davison (the 5th Doctor Who), Sylvester McCoy (the 7th Doctor Who) and Sophie Aldred (the Doctor’s assistant); Kenneth Colley – Admiral Piett in the original Star Wars trilogy, and the ever-popular Red Dwarf stars Chris Barrie (Arnold J Rimmer) and Hattie Hayridge (Holly).

NOR-CON is taking place on 28th and 29th September 2019. Established in 2009, NOR-CON has grown from just 370 visitors to become the region’s premier geek-fest with an expected 8,000 visitors over the two days. Held at the Royal Norfolk Showground Arena, NOR-CON offers visitors a 3000m 2 indoor arena packed with displays, exhibits, celebrities, talks and traders selling everything from clothing and merchandise to bespoke costume accessories.

Photo opportunities throughout the weekend include the chance to pose with some of Film and TV’s most recognisable vehicles including the Back to the Future DeLorean, KITT from Knight Rider, the A-Team van (complete with a Mr T lookalike) and a fan-built replica of the Blade Runner flying car, known as the Spinner.

NOR-CON also includes the Artist Alley where some of the most talented comic book artists will be appearing and sketching live. Artists include Martin Griffiths who has worked on titles including Transformers and Thundercats, Lee Townsend whose work includes Marvel and DC, and Nigel Parkinson, the official cartoonist of The Beano’s Dennis the Menace, Bash Street Kids, Bananaman, Roger the Dodger and many more.

In 2018, NOR-CON helped to raise over £700 for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices. The 2019 chosen charity is the Royal British Legion, which provides lifelong support for the Armed Forces community.

NOR-CON is a ticket only event. Visitors are encouraged to buy their tickets online in advance as numbers are limited to ensure the event is not overcrowded. For more information or to buy tickets visit www.nor-con.co.uk.