Police arrest Norwich Green Party councillor at climate change protest

Police have arrested a Norwich Green Party councillor in London after he participated in the Extinction Rebellion protests on 9th October. Jamie Osborn, 25, superglued his hand to a road in London as part of the protests, which were due to last for two weeks. It took a specialist team 30 minutes to dissolve the superglue off the road and Mr Osborn was arrested along with nine other participants, four of whom were from Norwich. This included UEA LDC Professor Rebecca Stott, ex-Green Norwich city councillor Lesley Grahame, and his wife Jacqui McCarney. McCarney is a retired primary school teacher and was quoted saying: “We cannot pass the burden [of climate change] to the younger generation.” It was the first time that either of the couple have been arrested but they say that they’re both continuing the rebellion. The protest has brought Westminster to a halt, with between 70 – 80 of protestors travelling in from Norwich. 

22/10/2019

Ellie Robson

December 2021
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031