Norwich house-hunting – all the advice

Looking for your first (or even your second, third or fourth) house is daunting. Moving away from your parents to UEA accomodation leaves little room for dealing with problems that will arise in the “real world.”

So, when you start phoning landlords and booking appointments to view houses, it’s understandable that the process is overwhelming, particularly when deposits and rent are so expensive.

Double glazed? Double rooms? Electric and gas certificates? It’s likely that a lot of this will go over your head while you assess how suitable the living room is for pre-drinks and ask whether you can put up posters in your room, but this stuff is important, and it’s equally as vital you go into a house viewing knowledgeable, to ensure you ask the right questions.

You can contact the Union Advice Centre for general advice on 01603 593463 or by emailing advicecentre@uea.ac.uk. The Union’s Home Run site also offers advice for students, and can be found at www.ueastudent.com/housing. Their website also offers a list of outlets which can offer some help, including the National Union of Students Housing Advice, the Gas Safe register and the Tenancy Deposit Scheme.

22/01/2013

laurencope

1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031