Norwich Pride set for spectacular summer return  

After a 2-year absence, Norwich Pride is set to return to the streets of our fine city on 30 July for a varied and action-packed celebration.  

Running from 10 am at The Forum and Millennium Plain will be a diverse range of stalls and entertainment, including three stages – the Marsha P Johnson stage, headlined by Daniel Molyneaux and Grace Petrie, the Wendy Carlos stage, headlined by Dutchie, and in the Forum Gallery there will be acoustic music from Kimberley Moore and Sue Lane in the Tracy Chapman Live Lounge.  

In Chapelfield Gardens further stalls and entertainment will be held alongside a Pride show which is set to run from 2 pm-6 pm. An Art Exhibition will be held at the Assembly House, while a Makers Market will take over Chantry Car Park. The closure of Theatre Street will allow for an all-day Street Party, and outside City Hall, the Pride March is set to leave at 1 pm.  

Offering a word from the Chair of Trustees, Nick O’Brien reflects on this year’s plans for Norwich Pride in relation to current concerns around systematic attacks on Trans rights, stating: “In recent years we’ve been happy to march at Pride in celebration of things moving forward, in terms of legislation, public attitudes, and lived experiences. For the first time this summer many of us will feel worried that this is no longer the case.” Emphasising how we must “stand together as a community against this, as we did in April this year on the steps of City Hall”, O’Brien remarks how “our commitment to liberation and queer joy” will be stronger than ever for this year’s Pride celebration.  

To find out more about how you can get involved in this year’s Pride, simply type Norwich Pride 2022 into your search engine and click on the website where you can view this year’s Pride Guide, which includes all event information and timings.  

12/07/2022

Lily Boag

1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031