A study from Showcase Cinemas has revealed Johnny Depp as the film star they would most like to be locked down with. The poll has also revealed other A-listers such as Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansonn and Jennifer Lawrence are popular choices. While the research can’t promise that this will actually occur, other questions reveal deeper insight into the future of post-Covid cinema.

The nationwide study shows that 25% of UK film fans will be going to the cinema within a week of lockdown ending. This may be a reassurance to both the cinema industry and its clientele that the medium will not wither away due to any forthcoming economic hardship.

Mark Barlow, UK General Manager for Showcase Cinemas, said: “It’s a difficult time for the whole nation during this pandemic. People are missing seeing family and friends, but also much that we’ve always taken for granted like countryside drives, the gym and meals out. They’re also missing the cinema. And we can’t wait to welcome them all back to Showcase as soon as we are able to”.

With Chancellor Rishi Sunak offering economic provision to many sectors of the UK workforce, perhaps these signs of adoration towards cinema may inspire an influx of financial aid towards our creative industries.