Have you ever considered a career in modelling but are unsure how to progress or even begin? Well you’re in luck. On Saturday 19 October the Sandra Reynolds Agency is teaming up with Mantra Club and Lounge to bring you Model Search night.

interior of a modern photo studio

Photo: London Centre of Modelling

Sandra Reynolds is a highly respected modelling agency which has been around since the 70’s. With offices in Norwich as well as Covent Garden in central London, models from the agency have worked for a variety of successful commercials and campaigns throughout Europe including: Gucci, Lucozade, Timberland, GQ Magazine, Baileys, Daily Mail, and Sky.

As well as being a prime fashion and career opportunity, the night is also an example of how independent businesses can support one another. Corporate and Events Manager of the nightclub, Laura Downes, says, “We wanted to run an event that would appeal to new students to the city and our regular guests. To offer them an opportunity to work with the most renowned and established modelling agency in Norwich.

“We approached Sandra Reynolds to ask whether they would collaborate with us to do a Model Search at Mantra and they were keen to send scouts into Mantra, in particular with Norwich Fashion Week in mind, to look for young fresh faces to join their agency

“[…] I am personally thrilled that they have chosen to join Mantra Club & Lounge for this exclusive night as it is my understanding that as agency they have not been involved in an event like this before. It’s very exciting to think the future opportunities that could arise for any of our guests on this night.”

As exciting as an opportunity like this can be, it is likewise daunting for aspiring models. However Jessie Byford, a representative of the agency, gives reassuring advice, “we will be looking for both male and females with natural beauty and confidence. For those who are interested in a career in modelling we advise them to be professional with a friendly attitude.” See? That doesn’t seem too scary. As long as you don’t drench yourself in too many makeup and hair products you should be okay. Furthermore, the night is open to all with a valid I.D. so feel free to bring your friends for a solid support system; and if this is not enough, Benefit Cosmetics have donated vouchers that will be given away on the night, so at least you won’t be leaving empty handed.

The only thing left to do is pick out an outfit and be sure to flaunt your bright smile – it’s your best accessory. Good luck and have fun!

For more information on the Model Search night, check out Mantra Club and Lounge’s Facebook page and website.