It might be colder than ever in Norwich, but close your eyes and picture yourself on a hot beach, and let me take you through some of the Spring/Summer trends for 2020. Let’s start with the usual suspects. Pastel and sorbet colour palettes were of course plastered all over the runways, as brands from Loewe to Gucci showed off a fresh approach to the classics with lots of sheer fabrics in muted colours. Every season also brings about the revival of decade dressing, and this time round it appears to be 90’s minimalism at the forefront. From silk dresses to asymmetric cuts, Bottega Venetta and The Row firmly placed themselves in the less is more camp. If that isn’t your cup of tea, don’t fret, Dolce & Gabbana and Burberry made the case for zebra and tropical prints, giving us a quick breather from the never-ending wave of leopard print (for now). 

A much talked about newer trend on the scene was colourful tailoring. If you haven’t already seen the Jacquemus 2020 show, where on earth have you been? Set in the lavender fields of Provence, models strutted down the hot pink runway in outfits that drove fashion insiders into an absolute frenzy. A recurring piece was an oversized boxy blazer, in a range of colours from bright pink, to pistachio, to burnt orange. Whilst black, white and beige blazers were all the range around the high street this winter, a colourful take on this is the perfect piece to invest in this season. Easily worn in the day over a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt or thrown over a summer dress when it finally starts to get warmer. Look to Topshop for plenty of sheer floral options and colourful leather/tailoring, or if pastels and 90’s minimalism has sparked your interest, Zara’s new collection is the place to look.